Worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs, CO
So I took my little dude outside today to soak up some sun in his tote!
But after i came in side, I soaked him. After he does his business I always scope it out with a dixie cup so he can porced to walk around and not step in it. I looked at it to see something moving! It was a small white worm the size of a grain of rice! I am flat broke so Would he be ok if i saved up a bit to take him to the vet? His appetite is awesome, he eats like a champ and he has been very (a little too) hyper. Always has been and he is all around healthy to the naked eye.

But can anyone identify the type of worm from my description?
Also, how much, on average is it to take him to the vet?

I am pretty freaked out about this and I really want to take him to the vet now, my wallet says other wise. I guess you should always expect the unexpected

Also! He has not been to a vet and so I would need to take him and a sample to the vet. Would i ask about panacure? Or however you spell that! For his weight and dosage correct?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Was it roundish or more flat? I understand that money can be funny sometimes...perhaps locate a reptile vet near you...then give them a call and inquire with them if you can bring the poo sample in for testing without having to stress the tort by a car ride....I can't imagine that they would require to see the tort???

Maybe the others would know better...my post will bump your thread...
:p

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
If you don't have the money, you can go to a vet and sometimes they can give you time to pay them off.

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
The reason for seeing him would be to weigh him to get a dosage i would imagine. I have a tort vet i go to for my sullys and she will be pleased to meet crush!

Status
Not open for further replies.