With a little help from my friends ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern part of Sweden
Some of you might know by now that I'm a Beatles freak, hence the title.

But I'm just curious to know if anyone else that has more than one Redfoot has experienced that one of them has flipped over, and another one has actually seemed to be "helping" this one to get back on its feet again ?

I've seen it too many times right now, that it does not seem to be by coincidence anymore... Or is it just me whishing there is more here than meet the eye ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mike:

I've always thought it was, "...let's all pick on the guy who's tipped over!!" And in the process, they push him back upright.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
There are lots of field reports of this as well, with lots of theories. I suspect that simple curiosity may play a bigger role than altruism, although we do have a lot of evidence that Red-foots, unlike many other species, are at least 'semi-social'.

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
Madkins007 said:
There are lots of field reports of this as well, with lots of theories. I suspect that simple curiosity may play a bigger role than altruism, although we do have a lot of evidence that Red-foots, unlike many other species, are at least 'semi-social'.

That sounds very interesting, Mark ! Do you have any links so that one can read more about these field reports, or is it only in print ?

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
Although I have no idea if they are"helping" or just checking out the situation, I want to believe thay are helping out there buddy ;) naive, I know, but why not :D

Status
Not open for further replies.