will I need another lamp?

awesomecs

5 Year Member
This is excellent Katie. With this thread and all its links, anyone should be able to start baby russian with great success.

YEAH TORTOISE I'm getting a male for Christmas and they will be in different enclosures and let them in each others cage for 30 minutes a day to breed and after that they will get separated and now I know what to do for the babies oh and by the way what do I do with the eggs ???????? do I buy another heat lamp

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
YEAH TORTOISE I'm getting a male for Christmas and they will be in different enclosures and let them in each others cage for 30 minutes a day to breed and after that they will get separated and now I know what to do for the babies oh and by the way what do I do with the eggs ???????? do I buy another heat lamp

Read this thread for that info.

UNDERSTAND that incubating russians is different than incubating some other species. Most breeders use dry incubation media for russians and instead maintain humidity by having open topped containers of water inside the incubation chamber. Using damp substrate for russian eggs can cause them to swell and crack open in some cases.