Will black acrylic paint leach into watet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WV
I want to know because I'm making A hiding spot for my musk turtle out of tarcota pot. And it has black acrylic paint on it. Here is a pic of it and i have soaked it in hot water and it won't leach or come off. So I'm making sure if it is safe because I don't want hurt my turtles and plus i want to get this done before my turtle arrives. Lol my mom made it a few years ago to sit out during the fall. Thank the LORD for Everything.

Attachments

• image-1077101827.png
    image-1077101827.png
    202.1 KB · Views: 23

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Turtle Guru said:
I want to know because I'm making A hiding spot for my musk turtle out of tarcota pot. And it has black acrylic paint on it. Here is a pic of it and i have soaked it in hot water and it won't leach or come off. So I'm making sure if it is safe because I don't want hurt my turtles and plus i want to get this done before my turtle arrives. Lol my mom made it a few years ago to sit out during the fall. Thank the LORD for Everything.

I would say it's safe.. Most paint gas out 90 percent of the solvents while it dries.. What is left will gas out within a few month....Or with heat/sun

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WV
No sealer but it was painted a couple years ago so what do you guys think.

Status
Not open for further replies.