wieghts and measures.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North East
Here are some weights and measures from my leo. I just thought some other keepers could compare theirs to mine and see how they match up.....
10/08/08 90g 2.86"
1/10/09 121g
6/08/09 160g
1/31/10 206g
9/04/10 318g
2/20/11 362g 4.63"

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I think all of your measurements are right in line. I like mine to feel "surprisingly heavy" when you pick them up. More importantly, how do YOU feel about his progress. I think he looks great, by the way.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
yagyujubei said:
I think all of your measurements are right in line. I like mine to feel "surprisingly heavy" when you pick them up. More importantly, how do YOU feel about his progress. I think he looks great, by the way.

well considering its my first Leo, I really have nothing to compare him to... i would asume that he is growing slower than if I lived in AZ or FL, he cant be outside all year and I get that.... but yes he seems to be growing steady and smooth, i am looking forward to the up-coming outdoor season where he can graze all day!!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Weights sound good to me. Nice steady growth rate. Housing them outside doesn't make them grow faster, it just really ensures that they don't get MVB. In fact, I think a case could be made that they grow faster indoors. Smaller, more boring space, so they burn fewer calories exercising. More consistent warm temps to better metabolize their food. Not much to do but eat and then eat some more. Outside may be more "natural", but I think a well managed indoor enclosure might provide more "optimal" growing conditions, more of the time.

Either way, yours looks great!

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
Either way, yours looks great!
[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment Tom, In my case.....they have unlimited food outside and eat all they want, inside they will be fed every day but once its gone its gone, they always have fresh hay to munch on but if they are outside they always have fresh green grass to munch on..... They like green better. But you are right, indoors is more stable if done right and the conditions are optimal all the time.... Good point

John

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Oops! I meant MBD, not MVB. Sorry.

hey tom feed those dang babcocki mine were 21 grams for like an hour.lol

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
No, they JUST hatched. Like a few days ago. They are still absorbing their yolk sacks. I'm putting food in there, but no interest yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.