Why is it that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
when I go to the garden store I have brain freeze. As much as I read and print out the safe list I just go blank and don't buy much of anything?
It's so freaking annoying! I see things I want but can't decided. I came home with one hibiscus. Come on!

Then I go over to the bags of soil and feel overwhelmed and walk away.

Thanks I just needed to vent.

P.S I did buy a Dwarf Mexican Lime for our Coronas.
This will be my 3rd.
First one was an orange and labeled wrong & the second never grew limes even with blossoms. So I bought citrus & fruit soil. Third time will be a charm I hope!

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
The same exact thing happens to me. It's really overwhelming and I hardly ever come home with anything useful.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
That's cuz plants look great in other people's yards but just stark and boring in the nursery...
And they never have quite what you want...

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
I went out with a list too and never come home with much of anything lol My plant was to have a list with the many varied names of the plant and I would ask the people at the nursery if they have them. Ive been to so many nursery and only one had a knowledgeable person that helped me out. I got a few succulents from them. Home Depot has a good variety of succulents but they are all labeled succulents not a trace of its real name. I get so tired I just give up for the day lol

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
All of you are making me feel much better. I'm glad I'm not alone:)

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Q said:
I went out with a list too and never come home with much of anything lol My plant was to have a list with the many varied names of the plant and I would ask the people at the nursery if they have them. Ive been to so many nursery and only one had a knowledgeable person that helped me out. I got a few succulents from them. Home Depot has a good variety of succulents but they are all labeled succulents not a trace of its real name. I get so tired I just give up for the day lol

I was just at Home Depot a couple of days ago. They have a whole section of annuals, but a lot of the pots only say things like "4 inch annual." I found myself yelling at the pot in my hand, "I know you are an annual, but what are you really?" It occurred to me later that I might have looked a little crazy. :rolleyes:

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
Momof4 said:
when I go to the garden store I have brain freeze. As much as I read and print out the safe list I just go blank and don't buy much of anything?
It's so freaking annoying! I see things I want but can't decided. I came home with one hibiscus. Come on!

Then I go over to the bags of soil and feel overwhelmed and walk away.

Thanks I just needed to vent.

P.S I did buy a Dwarf Mexican Lime for our Coronas.
This will be my 3rd.
First one was an orange and labeled wrong & the second never grew limes even with blossoms. So I bought citrus & fruit soil. Third time will be a charm I hope!

I AM NOT ALONE?!????!??
Dear God do I feel better.
I save so many enclosure pictures on my phone, have lists saved on my home screen, toxic plants saved etc and end up with what? A squash plant AND some sort of mondo grass I only bought because it was filled with weeds and I haggled at home depot for it. I do have lots of seeds but come on, I want a pretty enclosure now :(
I did also get an organic aloe & hibiscus. She won't touch aloe and the hibiscus has yet to bloom since buying it. Ugh!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have the opposite problem. I go with a list and get everything on the list. The problem is I find a ton more useful stuff along the way... I end up with twice as much stuff as I came for. That place is like a candy store. I have no will power...

Camirdra

5 Year Member
WA
Lol! I have the same problem! I took my list to the "Professional" at the nursery and she tried selling me all kinds of crazy stuff, but nothing on the list! Callas? Really?! I gave up and planted lettuce seed, squash and zucchini lol! Now I am over run with squash and zucchini and the lettuce was gone almost as fast as it sprouted! I did manage to get some Hibiscus and Opuntia (although they live in pots so no landscaping there) So my tort space isn't as pretty as I would like, but hey, I have a HELL of a lot of canned relish and frozen zucchini bread! :D

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
Tom said:
I have the opposite problem. I go with a list and get everything on the list. The problem is I find a ton more useful stuff along the way... I end up with twice as much stuff as I came for. That place is like a candy store. I have no will power...

Then you can be our troop leader and let us tag along! :p

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
I have done that plenty of times, lol.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
I'm with you, Tom. We just had a Tractor Supply Co. store open up by my house, and it was like going to a candy store!

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
Oh Tom we are all saying how we have suffered during our trip and you come in and say you had an amazing experience!! You are too cruel.... Lol jk jk but please tell us your secrets to a good trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.