why i shouldn't leave the house without coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix Arizona
So I had today off and one of the things i wanted to do today was find some items for shorty to add more verity to his diet. I stopped into a little exotic pet shop near my house to ask them if they had Mazuri tortoise food. When i walked in i was surprised to see that the store was mostly empty. only a few aquariums and dry goods left in the place. I walked up to the counter and noticed a aquarium next to the register with 3 sulcata babies in it. no light, no water, 10 gallon tank with a hunk of what looked like romaine lettuce. I asked the guy at the counter "do you carry Mazuri tortoise food?" he says no why are you look for it (in a very condescending tone). i told him i wanted to add more verity to my tortoise's diet. he told me "feed it lettuce its what they naturally eat, you can find the vitamin supplements over there" (pointed at a shelf) again talking down to me. I wasn't even looking for vitamins! I had not had my coffee this morning so I kinda snapped. i told him "really you think there is a lot of lettuce growing in Africa? I suppose you think they don't need water either." he looked up from his computer long enough to say "they don't". I walked away but not without saying "no wonder why this place is closing" loud enough for them to hear as i walked through the door. nothing sets me off faster then bad customer service and being talked down too. Poor torts looked so sad in that tiny aquarium sitting on what looked like green felt.

PS i am now drinking my coffee.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
That's too bad to hear Melissa. Those poor Sullies...I hope that guy never has his hands on tortoises again and is shutting down for good.

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Sad to hear about those babies. With the days of The Internet upon us, owning a store about anything without proper knowledge is just lazy.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
October said:
Sad to hear about those babies. With the days of The Internet upon us, owning a store about anything without proper knowledge is just lazy.

That is 100% correct.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Ya...I think if I went into that store I would just go off slower without coffee. With coffee I would just tell him he was an @$$ faster.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
See i normally wont say anything to people when they make me mad. I am anti-confrontational most of the time and kind of a wimp. This guy just poked at me at the wrong time... in a bad mood and without caffeine.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
they need to be EDUCATED!!! bombard them with info... tell locals where the store is and send people to it.. those babies need saving..
although.. without water I bet they will be failure to thrive.. hmmm anothe experiment... TOM!!!

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
This makes my blood boil, how can people get involved with animals (living breathing things that depend on us) and not educate themselves, you were nicer than I would have been!

Status
Not open for further replies.