Lumber Cost for New Sulcata House

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Please tell me how long it takes for her to get used to it. How long before she stays in there for the whole night. ?

Please tell me how long it takes for her to get used to it. How long before she stays in there for the whole night. ?
She has been in the yard the whole time I've been building it. So she is used to it being there. When she went into it today I wasn't sure if she would come out today or spend the night in it. Sulcatas don't like change but this was a gradual change so she took right to it. When I put Donald and Tomi outside in their new enclosures they both started going in the houses for the night on day one. I've never had a problem with any sulcata not using the house's I've built for them or one of the heated crocks when they are smaller and staying outside.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Nice Len, really nice and your guys look fantastic too. I was thinking SOMD when I saw the pile of wood....those St Mary's boys would be proud of you, heck they would be embarrassed by you! LOL

Makes me miss Clemson....Your Galloper has the same inquisitive "look".

jeff

PS, Boulder was one of the nicest places I ever "wintered"....back in the 70's when it was cool. I made the rookie mistake of trying to ride a bike to the mountains.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
A list of material cost to complete this house. $37.00, 700 watt electric oil filled heater. Wal Mart $ 40 .00, heat panel. Tractor Supply $167.00 Stanfield heat mat. Osbourne Industries $10.00 extension cord. Ace $16.00 caulk. Ace $20.00 styrofoam insulation. Ace $2.00 paint. Ace $25.00 two lamp dimmers. Amazon