Who was going to adopt my sulcata rescue?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
A couple or three months ago I took in a 40lb male sulcata and had been corresponding with someone here about adopting him. They are in SoCal and have been busy re-vamping the outdoor pen and house for the tortoise.

It's been several weeks since I've heard from her, and now I'm trying to remember her username and I can't bring it forward.

If you are reading this, I need to know how soon you can come get the tortoise. He's getting pretty settled and I really don't want that to happen. Besides which, I need my backyard to be tortoise-free.

If I don't hear from you in a week or so, I'm going to have to find someone else to take the tortoise.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I'm thinking she might get cold feet after second thought. But I'm glad that you have a member line up for him now.

Wait a minutes.....................

Is this the Yvonne G we know? :tort:Tortoises:tort: free backyard????

Is this a major violation of the forum? Tortoise free backyard? LOL........

Not.....................Just kidding!:D:D:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
bouaboua said:
I'm thinking she might get cold feet after second thought. But I'm glad that you have a member line up for him now.

Yes it is!! But because I have a 110lb male sulcata of my own, my space for keeping male sulcatas is limited, so when I get one in I really can't afford to keep him for any length of time. I need to free up the space for the next one that comes in.

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
Hi
Yvonne!
I was who wanted to adopt. Enclosure and house are done, but I have now a transportation problem which I am not sure when will be resolved. :(
I am in the sacramento area, I think around 3 hours away and my van is unsafe to drive without $2000 of work. So that's my issue. If someone else adopts, that will be ok, but if not I will be trying to find a way to come get him if a works out.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1395447862.274830.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
tffnytorts said:
Sacramento isn't that far. :(

It's not very far by car, but very far by foot lol! Unfortunately, I have never been without transport in my life and now I am.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yvonne G said:
bouaboua said:

Yes it is!! But because I have a 110lb male sulcata of my own, my space for keeping male sulcatas is limited, so when I get one in I really can't afford to keep him for any length of time. I need to free up the space for the next one that comes in.

Tip my hat to you Yvonne!

Dedicated halfway housing facility for unwanted Sulcata. True lover of tortoise.

God bless your heart.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Well there you go Yvonne a house check with tortoise delivery . Ha ha

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
***Yvonne slaps forehead***

Of course! Now that I see your username I remember who you are. The space looks great.

Do you have any idea when you will have wheels? I can hang on to him for you now that I remember who you are and know why you haven't come down. (I don't know why I thought you were in SoCal.)

jfales

5 Year Member
One (or two) day of rental vehicle might work. I've been warned of the smell however.

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
Yvonne G said:

Of course! Now that I see your username I remember who you are. The space looks great.

Do you have any idea when you will have wheels? I can hang on to him for you now that I remember who you are and know why you haven't come down. (I don't know why I thought you were in SoCal.)

Haha. No problem, i should have let
You know what the hold up was. I am not sure when I will have a car again. I was working on buying an acquaintances car but she's been kind of flaky. So while it is possible next week, it is also possible not for a month. I don't want to hold up his adoption. So if someone else wants to adopt, don't hold him for me, but if not I will take him and let you know soon as I have transport. Thanks!!

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Who was going to adopt my sulcata rescue?

Linz2491 said:
Yvonne G said:

Haha. No problem, i should have let
You know what the hold up was. I am not sure when I will have a car again. I was working on buying an acquaintances car but she's been kind of flaky. So while it is possible next week, it is also possible not for a month. I don't want to hold up his adoption. So if someone else wants to adopt, don't hold him for me, but if not I will take him and let you know soon as I have transport. Thanks!!

Maybe there's someone that can transport him? Or give you a lift?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!

Linz2491 said:
Devilishshy said:
Rental cars are always an option

I don't have a credit card which they require.

I really think you could find someone on here that could drive.

Maybe Yvonne will take a vacation from her cave to head north?

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
I really think you could find someone on here that could drive.

[/quote]

Anyone in the Sac area up
For a road trip?? :)

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!

Linz2491 said:
Anyone in the Sac area up
For a road trip?? :)

Maybe you could start a thread. I am hopeful you would find someone.