Whiteout/Perm marker on tortoise shell..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
N.Central Florida - Gainesville
So when we purchased our tortoise, Rabbit, he had a spot of whiteout and permanent marker on the top of his shell. We tried a little bit of toothpaste to get it to come off and it dulled the Marker a little but didnt do much at all to the whiteout dot.. Any ideas on how to get this garbage off of our tortoises shell ?? Im tempted to use nail polich remover but dont want to harm him with chemicals...

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I had a tortoise with paint on him, and my vet said a little nail polish remover would be okay to remove it with. It came off pretty easy and then I rinsed him with water really well. He had no problems from it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Might be a silly question, but can't you just scratch the whiteout off with your fingernail?

Rabbit

5 Year Member
N.Central Florida - Gainesville
I tried scratching it off but its in his little shell dimples. It looks like it has been on there for quite some time...

The nail polish remover got about 90 percent of it off of his shell using an old toothbrush to scrub. Theres still a little left but its barely noticeable so i'll leave it be for a while. I dont feel right putting anything chemical on his shell..

Status
Not open for further replies.