White stuff

Isabellebalcj

Location (City and/or State)
Andover
Hello all,

Recently noticed a lot of white discharge like substance in my tortoises urine, is that normal?

Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have just been soaking her and just found she’s pooing maggots :( I have no idea why or what or how...emergency vet needed?
Dont think they can poop maggots but it could be worms and if being pooped out then a vet and worming is needed.
If they are truly maggots then you need to search around the butt area, tail, legs and find out where they are coming from. A vet visit is still needed either way.

Isabellebalcj

Andover
Dont think they can poop maggots but it could be worms and if being pooped out then a vet and worming is needed.
If they are truly maggots then you need to search around the butt area, tail, legs and find out where they are coming from. A vet visit is still needed either way.

Yeah I contacted the vet and I’m taking her in tomorrow. I checked all over her and no cuts or any wounds...I’m thinking it could be from fruit flies from the hot weather. I’ve tried my hardest to keep them out and have fly trap stickies and remove the food as soon as she’s finished eating but they still manage it.