White poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. Binks

5 Year Member
My tortoise has being pooping white poop when I soak him. It's mostly brown poop but there's some white.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1377205225.225058.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
The picture is fuzzy, but that could be the urates. It's normal and usually passed right after or with urine.

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Hermann's [TURTLE][TURTLE] & Aussie [DOG FACE][DOG FACE][DOG FACE] (@YWG)

noahthedodgerfan

5 Year Member
My Russian occasionally does that too, but it is just a way of getting rid of extra protein. (Nothing to be worried about)
[THUMBS UP SIGN][TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][THUMBS UP SIGN]

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Those look to be normal urates. Tortoises and some other reptiles and all birds excrete urates. These are the end-product of their protein metabolism. These aren't really 'extra proteins' as much as all the stuff that is left over after processing protein. :)

Just to be a biochem nerd... urates are made up of carbohydrates with oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen on it. Probably more than you wanted to know... ;)

noahthedodgerfan

5 Year Member
This is just a normal way of getting rid of excess protein. Nothing to worry about

Status
Not open for further replies.