Whistling?

Crush da Baum

Location (City and/or State)
Brooksville
For for the longest time my tortoise had this little whistle. It wasn't that loud and he doesn't seem to struggle breathing. Seems like he whistles more when he's stressed and scared. I've heard that tortoises make noises when scared. Any ideas? I hope it is not ri.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Give us a little more info, please: What species? Describe the enclosure? Indoors or outside? etc. etc.

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
She is a Russain tortoise, currently in a 6 by 3-foot indoor enclosure but will be moved to a large outdoor enclosure soon. I have cypress mulch for the substrate. I give her daily soaks, spray down her and her cage every day and I live in Flordia so I think the humidity is ok. She gets 24 different broadleaf weeds, mulberry leaves, Mazuri, and some bits of extra lettuce (kale, romaine, collards) every once in a while. Maybe once every few months. Her cage is an open-top wooden tortoise table and she has a 5.0 Reptisun Ho bulb, a spot basking lamp, another basking bulb but it is just a normal bulb that gets hot, and some other lights that do not give off heat.