which succulents are your sullys favorites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elvis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southern calif
Going to buy some succulents, I have the list of safe ones, just curious which ones any of you have and your sullys love. Thank you so much. Tammy

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
All of mine love the optunia cactus pads that are thornless.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
thornless opuntia and aloe vera

Thetis

5 Year Member
I think I have read that some people have found the cactus pads at whole foods. I have not found any at my local grocery stores but I have not made the trek out to a whole foods yet. My tort really likes endive, I don't know if you would classify it as a succulent but he gets really excited about it.
Has anyone feed their sulcata a rose? I read they can eat the petals and I was thinking of getting him one because its the only safe flower I have in my area.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Scooter said:
Thor likes aloe and moss rose (portulaca/purslane)

...but he'll pass on the Mazuri:p

S

Scooter

DeanS said:
Scooter said:
Thor likes aloe and moss rose (portulaca/purslane)

...but he'll pass on the Mazuri:p

He takes a few bites of it then moves on. :p He seems to prefer the green food which is weird, seems like everyone else's likes yellow and orange.

M

Maggie Cummings

Bob eats anything and everything. I feed him roses, Rose of Sharon, day lilies and any other blooms. Right now the grapes are putting out vines and those are about his favorite leafs to eat, so every morning I take my clippers across the street and cut several vines for him and he just loves them. I have to walk a ways up the street to the other grape arbor and I try to vary where I am cutting so that I'm not robbing too much from one source. But I giggle when I read about a Sulcata not eating a certain thing. Yesterday I didn't realize I had dropped a heavy glove that I wear to cut the vines because the blackberry vines are interwoven in with the grapes, anyhow I looked out the window and saw Bob munching on that glove. He had a yard to graze in, different lettuces, grape leafs, roses, and day lilies and what he chose to eat was that big old glove. the jerk!
You guys just wait until your tortoises are bigger...:p

S

Scooter

OH MY GOSH! I just bought one of those today because I thought it was so pretty, I had no idea they could eat it! :D

elvis

5 Year Member
southern calif
Oh wow, yvonne thank you so much that elephant plant pic its beautiful, I will be on the hunt for one this weekend.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Hello Elvis! I actually grow my own. I have a ton and they grow quite fast when you give them lots of water. If you get some, you can plant a single pad. Put it halfway in the ground and keep watering it. They will grow and produce more and more.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Tank likes hens and chicks but I have not found anything that he does not like :)

elvis

5 Year Member
southern calif
Christy, today I broke a few branches off one of my customers elephant plant. So I can just bury the stem and it will grow?

Thanks christy, I'm going to order some from Deans eBay source and plant them and cross my fingers. Is that what you did?

rwfoss

5 Year Member
My sulcata ignored her first offering of prickly pair. However, she likes to nibble on all parts of our ice plants - flowers and "leaves."

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
Status
Not open for further replies.