Which plant is this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Puerto Rico
I took my tort outside. I saw that he liked this thing that the plant drops. When i realized that he was eating it I put him away. I was just wondering if it was toxic for the tort. Thanks.

ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364500702.863809.jpgImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364500722.950901.jpgImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364500750.387916.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow, that cycad must be very old to have set blooms and fruit. Mine has never bloomed. I doubt this will hurt your tortoise. In the wild, one of their main items of food is the fruit droppings from the different types of palm trees. And because most cycads come from South America, I imagine wild RF tortoises eat these fruits all the time.

Vertigo34

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
emysemys said:
Wow, that cycad must be very old to have set blooms and fruit. Mine has never bloomed. I doubt this will hurt your tortoise. In the wild, one of their main items of food is the fruit droppings from the different types of palm trees. And because most cycads come from South America, I imagine wild RF tortoises eat these fruits all the time.

Thanks a lot, and yes. It is pretty old.

Status
Not open for further replies.