Tortoise "in the mood" question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
This might be a strange question but I think Sheldon has reached his sexual age. I thought he was a she and even posted pictures here were most said he was a she. It is often hard to tell so no fault there. He had his wellness check last month where they said he was indeed a he. I've been worried since he hasn't pooped. He always poops when I take him outside and just hasn't. I'm hoping he's just eating them when he's inside. Anyway I was soaking him and picked him up and saw something start to come out of his tail. I was happy put him back in the water. Nothing. I picked him up again saw it start to come out again put him back nothing. The third time I noticed it again but saw more of it come out. It looked like a grayish colored tongue. I knew what it was then. But and here comes my question, when he is out he follows me everywhere and tries to sit up over my foot like he's mounting it. I was wondering if this is normal? I'm also wondering if there is a link between this and his lack of pooping. He is eating good and healthy otherwise. He is also my only tortoise. Sorry if this is a stupid question :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If he is eating and acting fine, he is pooping. He is probably eating it. Just keep and eye on him to make sure all stays well. You can also put him in a warm soak in a clean tub and let him walk around, that will sometimes get them pooping if they are having a hard time at it. As for your shoe, i have no clue, in love maybe:D

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
Thank you so much:) I've never tried a soak in the tub. I'm going to try that tomorrow.
Aw, Sheldon in love. He has been extra clingy in general too, aside from him mounting my foot :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
By chance are your shoes or socks red or a bright color? Tortoises seem to like red or bright colors.

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
When he does that I'm in bare feet.
I wear my flip flops sometimes but when I do he won't go near them. Instead he'll try to grab my ankle from the sides with his arms.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LMAO, I can picture him trying to grab your ankles. You need to get a video and post it. Sounds too cute. Maybe he thinks your toes are worms:D

Although not sure why he would want to mount them LOL

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
LOL, You know, I was wondering if he thought my foot was a five headed lady tortoise :D

I'll try to get some video.
He's always followed my mom when he sees her but never grabbed her ankles or sat on her foot.

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
How do I add a video? I think it's too big to add as an attachment.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
RE: Tortoise "in the mood" question?

Sounds like he's in love with you! Lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.