10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
bouaboua said:
bouaboua said:
pfara said:
bouaboua said:
I use ZOOMED reptisun.

I kept at within 12". it's been more 6 months now, the UVB reading by Solarmeter 6.2 still at about 60 µW/cm² .

You're either massively lucky or I'm not. I just replaced mine and the readings I've gotten are half that. Same height, same brand of bulb. I've considered buying Arcadia just to try it (and driving myself nuts in the process). Man I can't wait for warmer weather and good old-fashioned sunlight; less headache and more peace of mind.

It is bit late for me to take photo, All tortoise are asleep.

I just lowered my light about little over a week ago to at about 10 inched from the table's floor. I remembered my 6.2 measured over 100µW/cm² by then.

I will measure again tomorrow. The height of 6.2 is about 5 inches, it is about the same height as one of my Leopard Tortoise. so you can see what UVB µW/cm² of my tortoise are getting.

This is the ZOOMED T5 HO I bought and start to use in early July.

This is today, Hang at about 10 inches from the floor. The UVB reading from 6.2 is 122 Micro watt/CM2.

This is another set, Hang at 12 inches, The reading is 64 Micro watt/CM2.

Not so bad I think.

That explains it. I assumed you had a T8. I'll definitely have to add a T5 HO hood in addition to what I have once I take down the barrier and open up the whole enclosure. Thanks for taking the time to post pictures!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Do the HO bulbs work in the regular fixtures? I see the wattage is different.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Tom said:
Do the HO bulbs work in the regular fixtures? I see the wattage is different.

Unfortunately no, Tom. High output bulbs have their own special ballasts.