Which Cactus and Succulents are okay for my Sulcata's Enclosure?

I was wondering which small plants I can place in my Sulcata's enclosure that they can eat? Any suggestions where to buy these? Thanks for Any Replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Check out thetortoisetable.org.uk for plant ideas. Then google them to see if you can find where to buy them. The cactus you can get from tortoisesupply.com. Tyler the owner is a member of the forum. You can feed the cactus and also plant and grow it.

wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:). Check out thetortoisetable.org.uk for plant ideas. Then google them to see if you can find where to buy them. The cactus you can get from tortoisesupply.com. Tyler the owner is a member of the forum. You can feed the cactus and also plant and grow it.

Thanks for All The Help
Much Appreciated

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It really depends upon where you live. Cacti grow in hot, dry climates. People who get a lot of rain have a hard time keeping them alive.

You can try the spinless varieties of opuntia. Those are eaten readily by sulcatas.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Not sure where you are, but mine love the opuntia, aloe, ice plants,

Jade is great too

ironpython

So aloe is ok is it a specific type of aloe can someone show me a pic?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I would protect anything you plant inside the main enclosure. Sulcatas are bull dozers and any and all plants that do not "bend" with the abuse will wind up flat if they are not eaten. I even planted in a tub once, 3" off the substrate floor. The somehow climbed into it. I found the little guy inside the tub hiding inside the bush that was in there. By the time I got the camera over he was front flipping out and back into the habitat like a little teenage mutant nija tortoise.