Which angel plants are okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I see a bunch of really pretty plants at walmart that are all called Angel plants and have other names like Pothos, I don't remember the others but which one of those can I put in with my tortoise? I know the spider one is okay. I am trying to spruce up their enclosures

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I am giving your thread a bump....

I know that piggie is an air purifying plant as well as it hits alot of poisonous/toxic houseplant type plant....however, I have no direct experience with this plant and tortoise....hopefully someone will :D

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I have heard several members say pothos is fine. Not sure about the other.
You could check www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/
(note: it is not loading right now for me, but it usually does. Go to plant categories).
You might need to scribble down the latin name, or look it up, to find it on this site, since it is the UK, plants can have different common names. If they don't have it on their lists, you can email them and they will get back to you!

philthyturtle

5 Year Member
Pothos is a plant I use in a lot of of my enclosures!! None of my torts seem interested in it, but it helps with humidity

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Unless you can be certain about the growing methods (chemicals/fertilizers used), I wouldn't use plants bought at Wal-mart or any of the other big box stores.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
jaizei said:
Unless you can be certain about the growing methods (chemicals/fertilizers used), I wouldn't use plants bought at Wal-mart or any of the other big box stores.

I will probably going to stick with fake plants then lol

Status
Not open for further replies.