Where to put it

Status
Not open for further replies.

klinej50

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio Texas
I live in Texas so it is constantly 100 degrees in the summer so my house is always around 60-70 which is to cold for tortoise table but is there anyway to put it in the garage which is around 85 degrees? Would it be safe?

bpham93

5 Year Member
First what kind of tort do you have, and how old are they? because i also live in texas and have two russians that are outside 24/7, they can stand the heat as long as there is shade.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
An ambient of 85ish, is great for sulcatas. They still need to be offered a basking spot of about 100 degrees for 12-13 hours. And do get them out for real sunshine when temps are col enough, but make sure they always have a cooler shady spot to go to.

klinej50

5 Year Member
San Antonio Texas
Two about 3-4 month old leopard tortoises.

Right now they go outside in like a baby pen that's in half shade and half sun and there is a little hide and water. No plants to eat though. I put hibiscus leaves in there and some aloe cactus. I read as hatchings they can't have permanent outside home. Is that true? I feel like I would be to worried though even it was okay to leave them.

Maggie and Torie the Tort

5 Year Member
USA
My baby (Hermann's) Tortoise lives outside 24/7. Of course when it rains really hard I bring her in. She does not have a permanent outside enclosure [yet], but I am planing on building one next month after I move.

Status
Not open for further replies.