Where to get bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
A friend of mine is looking into getting a bearded dragon. We live in Southeast Georgia. I was just wondering if any of y'all knew of a good website to go to that ships and the animals are healthy. Or if you know of a shop anywhere that sells them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would suggest looking on fauna or kingsnake classifieds and buying from a breeder. I, however, don't know of any to recommend. Good luck though. They are fantastic pets.

J REED

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Where to get bearded dragon

omgdoubletacos said:
A friend of mine is looking into getting a bearded dragon. We live in Southeast Georgia. I was just wondering if any of y'all knew of a good website to go to that ships and the animals are healthy. Or if you know of a shop anywhere that sells them.

Check out Bama dragons here in Alabama. .they are on facebook as well..

Jeremy

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Try to find someone local, the shipping cost would be more than the beardie itself if you have to buy from someone too far away.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Go to the next reptile expo nearby and see some of the vendors yourself. Repticon has an Atlanta show every so often and there's the monthly show in Birmingham, AL as well. There's Beardeddragons4You and Bama dragons for starters...

Kameo37

5 Year Member
I would get one off of Craigslist. There are plenty to "rescue". Just make sure you check it our thoroughly. Do some research and know what to look for in a healthy animal. Or one that you can get healthy easily. Some people just get into it not knowing the fuss a beardie takes. When we got our boy he was skinny(430ish grams) 17 inches long and in a 10 gallon tank with filthy reptile carpet.
Now he's almost 19 inches, 637 grams and living the good life in a 4x2x18 custom wooden enclosure. He enjoys a ridiculous variety of insects and veggies.
He's got the funniest, most laid back temperament.
Besides that, I've seen some leatherbacks and cool color varieties on CL for cheap. People just don't do their research! Make sure you do yours!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using TortForum mobile app

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
There's actually an Atlanta repticon show starting in three minutes...

But I agree, there are TONS on Craigslist. Usually they come with their tank and some stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.