Where to find Nice Aquatic Turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

J REED

5 Year Member
Does anyone know anyone who has/ breeds these turts? Im gonna set up an aquatic turtle tank ...

Jeremy

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
What species do you plan to get? Each species is going to require different things.

J REED

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Where to find Nice Aquatic Turtles

AustinASU said:
What species do you plan to get? Each species is going to require different things.

Just exploring options...any suggestions?

Jeremy

I like the Texas and Mississippi map turts...Really like the Diamondback Terrapin but can it live in fresh water?

Jeremy

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I personally think one of the better turtles to have as an aquatic turtle would be a texas map turtle or a Reeves Turtle

redfoot_mama94

5 Year Member
Maine, USA
I personally recommend painteds ;) I'm biased though, but my eastern painted is a doll, she'll eat straight from my hand, is no where near shy. Musk turtles are fairly small and you could keep a couple with painteds and/or other basking species ie cooter, sliders, any sub-species of painted. It's fairly easy to set up a nice aquarium for them also, or a stock tank or large rubbermaid type container (water tight) as a small 'pond' just make sure it is well filtered, and with plenty of room- and as normal uvb/basking lights :) if interested you could also add small feeder fish for stimulation and a snack, and a plecostamus to help keep your area tidy :)

Sent from my HTC Hero S using TortForum mobile app

Penn

5 Year Member
Diamondback terrapins are so pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.