where to buy flowers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam22188

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fort Mill, SC
Where do you get flowers? I know a kinda funny question, but I would assume the flowers you would buy at any store like Home Depot, Lowes, etc... are sprayed with chemicals. So where do you buy flowers to feed to your torts?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
What I do, is get them in advance, What I got in the spring is fed now and through winter. I re pot or plant in untreated soil and let them grow until needed.I still have a couple flats of begonia plants that I got free in the late spring, that looked so terrible they couldn't sell them, they saw dead plants , I saw tortoise treats. I do get most of them from wal mart, lowes, home depot, etc. In another month or so I will be starting seeds inside for spring planting outside. Good Luck, Len

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I would suggest to plant your own seeds....also if I do purchase some specialty plant/flower from the store I will plant it and not feed from it for at least a year....this is my comfort zone based on things I have read and researched....

Welcome and we LOVE PICS :p

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I grow my own, or get them from friends and family that grow their own. There are systemic pesticides that can last up to 12 months in many plants that you buy at nurseries. My strategy is to plant them and then let them weather for a year. After the year is up I will only feed new flowers that have budded and grown after that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.