When you take your tortoise to the vets...

macky9326

Location (City and/or State)
Scotland
Hey guys, Toby was at the vets today and done really well! Was just a checkup but everything with him is going perfectly.

Anyway I was wondering what you guys and girls use to transport your little tortoises to and from the vets (or anywhere really!)

For me it's a large box filled with hemp and an emergency supply of dandelions just incase he becomes...uncooperative! :D

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I use a nice comfortable shoebox with cypress mulch and air holes.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Ok. What about a deeper box with substrate and no lid? As long as your tortoise can't get out.

macky9326

Scotland
Ok. What about a deeper box with substrate and no lid? As long as your tortoise can't get out.

Yea I went and got a nice deep wooden one, top it right up and let him burrow around, still have to watch him because he's always trying to outsmart me

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Torts seem to be ultra sensitive to the ground beneath them moving....so it is essentially really hard to comfort them, but a dark, quiet, as steady as possible space is the best.....good luck on rigging that up :D

želva

5 Year Member
Slovenia
When we take small ones we use shoe boxes, with substrate or towels on bottom. For big ones we use wooden box, we try to use cardboard boxes but they just tear them apart as vet is about an hour drive away.

Jacky27

I use a Rubbermaid tote with some substrate for my Sulcata. I, too, bring a handful of dandelions.