What tortoise can be housed with my Sulcata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamburg,AR
Very OT,but I believe that is the first time I've seen the word germane used here.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
jackrat said:
Very OT,but I believe that is the first time I've seen the word germane used here.

Hey there! Settle down now! BTW, I looked it up, just so I would sound smart.....I do that, sometimes. haha...guess I could have used "relevant", but I thought I might need it later in my reply and didn't want to use it twice.....LOL!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Here are my posse :D
Humphry-CDT
Herman-CDT
Haus-CDT
Ghamara-CDT
Goliath-RF youngin 6 inches
Sophia-RF youngin 5 inches
"The girls" - RESs

There ya go...and as always, my pleasure to share the group:D

oooppppssss.....the pics posted completely backwards :D so the names actually go from far right to left....LOL

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
exoticsdr said:
Out of curiousity, what kind of hassle was it to obtain permission to take yours out-of-state?

Doc

She didn't take them out of state. When Maggie moved to Oregon she thinned down her tortoise/turtle brood quite a bit and took hardly any with her. A few box turtles and, of course, Bob.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Here are my posse :D
Humphry-CDT
Herman-CDT
Haus-CDT
Ghamara-CDT
Goliath-RF youngin 6 inches
Sophia-RF youngin 5 inches
"The girls" - RESs

There ya go...and as always, my pleasure to share the group:D

oooppppssss.....the pics posted completely backwards :D so the names actually go from far right to left....LOL

That's a lot of really pretty turtles!
Do you breed your CDTs?
I only have Gupta but I have been looking into getting another tortoise. I don't know what species of tortoise I want to get yet, any suggestions??

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Thank you very much...I will tell them you said they are all pretty :D

CDTs are illegal to breed in captivity, you are not even allowed to house males and females in the same enclosure. So, nope no breeding for them...also, I house all male CDTs :p

hmmmmm? what type of tortoise? I would say settle in with your tort for now and then really research all sorts of species and their housing requirements and that will then give you a plan of attack on your next tortoise...just my opinion :D

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Thank you very much...I will tell them you said they are all pretty :D

CDTs are illegal to breed in captivity, you are not even allowed to house males and females in the same enclosure. So, nope no breeding for them...also, I house all male CDTs :p

hmmmmm? what type of tortoise? I would say settle in with your tort for now and then really research all sorts of species and their housing requirements and that will then give you a plan of attack on your next tortoise...just my opinion :D

Yea I will defentaly wait till next summer comes around so that he will be able to stay outside in a protected enclosure during the day. I will probably save up a ton of money to get a really beautiful leopard tortoise. There care is almost just like my sulcata Gupta so it won't be that much new and when next winter comes I will hopefully have two 3 foot by 15 foot tortoise tables in my room, I am going to find a way to sorta put one on top of other so that its possible tp fit two in my room

Status
Not open for further replies.