what plant is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
Carl loves it, I didn't know what it was at first but thought it was Stonecrop/Ice plant. Then someone on here told me it wasn't, based on a picture of Carl eating it, so I have decided to post a picture of the whole plant to see what you guys think. It does flower, but not usually until closer to Autumn.

And that being said, is Stonecrop (or whatever this mystery plant is) safe for tortoises?

Attachments

• DSC_1190.JPG
    DSC_1190.JPG
    878 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_1191.JPG
    DSC_1191.JPG
    330.9 KB · Views: 33

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
futureleopardtortoise said:
Carl loves it, I didn't know what it was at first but thought it was Stonecrop/Ice plant. Then someone on here told me it wasn't, based on a picture of Carl eating it, so I have decided to post a picture of the whole plant to see what you guys think. It does flower, but not usually until closer to Autumn.

And that being said, is Stonecrop (or whatever this mystery plant is) safe for tortoises?

That is one of the many stonecrops (sedum). They are safe to eat, but at my place I don't let the torts have them. Why? Because there are so many other plants for them to eat, and sedums are beautiful.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
It looks like some sort of succulent plant, the ones that have little flowers, blue, pink, yellow etc, but not entirely sure

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Edna said:
That is one of the many stonecrops (sedum). They are safe to eat, but at my place I don't let the torts have them. Why? Because there are so many other plants for them to eat, and sedums are beautiful.

Haha, thankfully right now Carl is half the size of my palm so he can't do much damage to the plants yet. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Edna said:
futureleopardtortoise said:

:D I like your reasoning Edna! :D

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Carl is adorable, and I'm glad they are Tort safe so he can continue to eat them!

Status
Not open for further replies.