What is this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
So I noticed Sami had this green stuff on her nose/beak tonight. I thought initially it was just lettuce but now I'm questioning this... I tried prodding it with a q-tip to try and get it off but that didn't work out. I let her soak for 30mins thinking it would definitely come off then but that was a no go too. Could this be some sort of infection? Nothing in her habitat had changed and she is indoors in her tank. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    883.8 KB · Views: 123

Thalatte

5 Year Member
It looks like it lies flush to the skin. Is it part of her skin discolor ing or is it something in too of the skin?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That green dot near her nose could just be a stain from the greens she's eating. Just like that green stain is on their mouth, it may take a while for it to go away. On the other hand, if it isn't greens stain, it could be mold. To be sure, you can use a dab of tea tree oil on a q-tip and see if it will come off that way. Either way, tea tree oil will eliminate mold or stain and it won't hurt your tort. Just remember to dilute the tea tree oil with water before application. And, if it is mold, you better find out how and where she got it.

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Yeah I checked her tank and there's no mold growing anywhere else. I just changed her bedding and everything. Maybe it's just the coloring like her mouth. It's weird how that stays there though even after long soaks? I'll try the tea tree stuff. Thanks much.

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Yeah I soaked her again just now and it came off. I guess it was just stubborn food. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.