What is ok?

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northeast Tennessee
So again, conflicting care sheets. I am on the hunt for some plants for my indoor enclosure and one sheet says pothos and plumosa fern are ok and another says it's fine to use. I would really like to add
Pothos
Carex- mop head grass
Stonecrop-dragons blood
Asparagus Fern
Most of these are listed on the edible landscape list on african tortoise.com. Is this a reliable list? I would die if I harm my little ones because of something I gave them

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your statement is conflicting. Did you mean to say one sight says it's NOT ok and the other says its FINE?
I usually use thetortoisetable.org.uk, however, any site that is for tortoise safe plants I would use. I haven't really heard of any of them being bad or wrong. Always add as part if a varied diet.

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
Your statement is conflicting. Did you mean to say one sight says it's NOT ok and the other says its FINE?
I usually use thetortoisetable.org.uk, however, any site that is for tortoise safe plants I would use. I haven't really heard of any of them being bad or wrong. Always add as part if a varied diet.
Yes one says these plants are fine and another says their not safe. Like pothos, I would like to cover the entire back of my enclosure with it to make it look more natural looking but at this point I'm scared to. I would like to use a asparagus fern, kangaroo fern, stonecrop(dragons blood), and some fiber optic grass(isolepis cernila) but again not sure if these are safe.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes...the Africantortoise.com edible landscaping list is just fine for you to go by.

1028762jld543t69m.gif

ditzyangeluk

Sudbury, Suffolk, UK
I have a mint plant in my enclosure. Safe to eat but not keen due to the smell so it is perfect.

Attachments

• inhome3.jpg
    inhome3.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 10

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
Yes...the Africantortoise.com edible landscaping list is just fine for you to go by.

1028762jld543t69m.gif
Ok. Great. Thank u so much. I will run to the nursery tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure cause I wouldn't dare want to put anything in that shouldn't b there.