What does your turtle think of you?

mikomiko

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Sometimes, I notice my Russians just staring at me for quite a while before making a decision to walk, hide or do whatever they want.

What do you guys think your turtles are thinking when they happen to just stare at you and you guys kinda meet eyes?

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1423946182.489117.jpg

PS: here is my russian Tortilla with the selfie cam on.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Im Pretty sure mine think its about time I show up with their food :)
Sometimes if I bring my tortoise something new that she doesn't like she gives me a look that I swear means "you expect me to eat that?!" And then she pushes it away with her foot and walks away huffily. it is absolutely hilarious :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Sometimes, I notice my Russians just staring at me for quite a while before making a decision to walk, hide or do whatever they want.

What do you guys think your turtles are thinking when they happen to just stare at you and you guys kinda meet eyes?

View attachment 118489

PS: here is my russian Tortilla with the selfie cam on.

I believe they people watch just as we tortoise watch....

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I'm pretty sure he thinks i'm crazy. Sometimes when I come home from work he'll be burrowed under something (usually the food dish) so I literally scream "NAAAAAAANNNK!!!!" over and over until he pops his head up.. then say hi and apologize for bugging him and leave... needless to say I deserve the crazy title he's probably given me in tortoise land.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I'm pretty sure he thinks i'm crazy. Sometimes when I come home from work he'll be burrowed under something (usually the food dish) so I literally scream "NAAAAAAANNNK!!!!" over and over until he pops his head up.. then say hi and apologize for bugging him and leave... needless to say I deserve the crazy title he's probably given me in tortoise land.
I'm sure mine think I'm absolutely nuts too. They see or hear me coming they say to themselves "great, here comes the giant red haired monster again. I wonder what she's going to do to me next"

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I'm sure mine think I'm absolutely nuts too. They see or hear me coming they say to themselves "great, here comes the giant red haired monster again. I wonder what she's going to do to me next"
Yeah but I bet you don't yell to them while they nap and then leave when you successfully awake them lol, I know i'd hate it is someone did to me what I do to him lol, sometimes (ok often...) I come from work with so much energy because I sit all day that it kind of literally just flies out lol

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Yeah but I bet you don't yell to them while they nap and then leave when you successfully awake them lol, I know i'd hate it is someone did to me what I do to him lol, sometimes (ok often...) I come from work with so much energy because I sit all day that it kind of literally just flies out lol
I'm sure I scare the poop out of them when I find them in their hiding spot and "say hi!" And leave :) of course we all know this how we check in on them ;)