what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Hampshire
Looks great. Minimal pyramiding, if at all. I would keep him off the fruits, though.

75$ for all that is a great deal, too.

I'd do it!

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
I agree, it does sound a bit off. I know a few that have reached 10-12 inches at full grown, and either way 10 inches isn't that far off from how big they generally get (around 15").

Pretty sure it's impossible for a foot long Tort to weigh that little. I'd say a 10 inch RF would weigh around 20lbs. =p

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
One thing I have learned in the tortoise business is that people have no idea how to measure lol. That tortoise is probably right around 6 inches. I have had a person swear to me that he had a 3 foot long sulcata which is just an absolute monster and I looked at him and he was probably 12 inches no joke lol I just couldnt figure out what he was thinking.

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Yeah, pretty looking tort but no way is it 10-11 inches! Look at the size of those food and water bowls. I'd guess 5.5" because he looks about as big as mine.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Never trust people's measurements, and the guy looks a bit pale and probably dry to me. I might try to wheedle him down from $75 on that basis. "I'd be happier if it weighed more like [whatever the Donoghue ratio says]. He feels like he may be a bit dehydrated." or something.

austinSOLO

5 Year Member
washington state
Madkins007 said:
Never trust people's measurements, and the guy looks a bit pale and probably dry to me. I might try to wheedle him down from $75 on that basis. "I'd be happier if it weighed more like [whatever the Donoghue ratio says]. He feels like he may be a bit dehydrated." or something.

yeah they havent responded to my e mail so hopefully they will, i am going to ask how urgent they are to get rid of it. if they NEED it gone, ill ask 60 or 65

Status
Not open for further replies.