What do you think?

BibbidiBobbidi

Thank you!!
The balls are bigger than they look, at the moment he is too small to try to eat them but I will be keeping a very close eye on him. They may be coming out anyway as my daughter was desperately trying to eat them earlier too!!!

Do you think he will be able to climb over the sides? I don't know what to do about a lid.

BibbidiBobbidi

Torts are good climbers. It may be fine for now but make it taller when your torts older. Otherwise it's a nice, good enclosure :D
Thank you!!
It's nice to have positive feedback!

I have another thread on here about him, he's got a shell deformity because I've been keeping him wrong for a few years (I didn't know any better) so it's good to know I'm doing something right now!

TiffytheTort

Thank you!!
It's nice to have positive feedback!

I have another thread on here about him, he's got a shell deformity because I've been keeping him wrong for a few years (I didn't know any better) so it's good to know I'm doing something right now!
Well done. I'm sure your tort will love it:) I recently made mine too. You like it?ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1496223663.447007.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1496223678.109912.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1496223696.399284.jpg your enclosure is great! Well done again! :D

Location (City and/or State)
Bracknell
Been out in the garden all afternoon sorting out Chewys patch!
He is a 4 year old Herman so still very small. I will be putting bigger borders on it if he starts to climb out.
He will also only be outside when I am around to keep an eye on him!
View attachment 208983
Oh lord please help her .sorry its rubbish. What are you hoping to keep in that , a stuffed one . Is this a joke to get us all to react. Guy's if you not honest another poor tortoise is going to escape and get killed . It will be out of there and over the garden fence in no time . Tortoises are great climbers . You need to do loads more research to even get close to the big ball park. . Please look at other people's amazing enclosures, you have a long way to go. I'm sorry it just the truth . Times have moved on since are parents time in the 50s,60sand 70s. So much information at our finger tips these days

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Oh lord please help her .sorry its rubbish. What are you hoping to keep in that , a stuffed one . Is this a joke to get us all to react. Guy's if you not honest another poor tortoise is going to escape and get killed . It will be out of there and over the garden fence in no time . Tortoises are great climbers . You need to do loads more research to even get close to the big ball park. . Please look at other people's amazing enclosures, you have a long way to go. I'm sorry it just the truth . Times have moved on since are parents time in the 50s,60sand 70s. So much information at our finger tips these days
Other than just a few problems, like the walls being a tad too low and the gravel being too small, that really is not horrible for an outdoor enclosure, especially for a juvenile. Just as a suggestion, when giving advice, try to list critiques to the point and without dramatics. Just saying that “the walls are too short” and that “tortoises are better climbers than you think” would have been enough.

Bracknell
Other than just a few problems, like the walls being a tad too low and the gravel being too small, that really is not horrible for an outdoor enclosure, especially for a juvenile. Just as a suggestion, when giving advice, try to list critiques to the point and without dramatics. Just saying that “the walls are too short” and that “tortoises are better climbers than you think” would have been enough.
OK I will just sit back and let another tortoise get killed by another person that has done no research in to owning a tortoise to the extent she has managed to deform the little creatures shell , you go blow smoke up their arse
I'm not going to sit back a let another one die. . The whole enclosure is rubbish , looks like a child has done it .few massive problems ,it's shite , I would not even put a stuffed one in that thing , let alone post pictures of it on a forum , I'd be to embarrassed to post that big heap of rubbish. While you are sat round worrying about offending people, another poor tortoise is going to die. Instead of worrying about my truthful comment's and sending me a message, perhaps your time would be better wasted in telling her the truth , she is going to be responsible for the death of that poor thing.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
OK I will just sit back and let another tortoise get killed by another person that has done no research in to owning a tortoise to the extent she has managed to deform the little creatures shell , you go blow smoke up their arse
I'm not going to sit back a let another one die. . The whole enclosure is rubbish , looks like a child has done it .few massive problems ,it's shite , I would not even put a stuffed one in that thing , let alone post pictures of it on a forum , I'd be to embarrassed to post that big heap of rubbish. While you are sat round worrying about offending people, another poor tortoise is going to die. Instead of worrying about my truthful comment's and sending me a message, perhaps your time would be better wasted in telling her the truth , she is going to be responsible for the death of that poor thing.
There’s a difference between telling the truth and being terribly dramatic. I certainly would not call minor pyramiding a terrible deformation. The enclosure isn’t horrible by any means, and the problems with it are easily fixable. People are a lot more likely to listen to criticism when it is given in a polite and straightforward manner. You don’t have to sugarcoat it by any means, but I think you may be overreacting a tad.

In any case, this is a 5 year old thread. The poster is likely never going to see this anyway.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Did you read this was a really old post?

Bracknell
There’s a difference between telling the truth and being terribly dramatic. I certainly would not call minor pyramiding a terrible deformation. The enclosure isn’t horrible by any means, and the problems with it are easily fixable. People are a lot more likely to listen to criticism when it is given in a polite and straightforward manner. You don’t have to sugarcoat it by any means, but I think you may be overreacting a tad.

In any case, this is a 5 year old thread. The poster is likely never going to see this anyway.
Lol go grow a pair, stop replying to me , not interested. I got tortoise research to do and learn , so I do not kill my tortoise, and if the threads that old ,why are you concerned x x x do not reply . !!!!!! Laughing at you so loudly