What do I do about humidity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Wayland, NY
It has been raining where I live and it's very humid now. My parents had windows open, so it got humid in the house too. And now my russian's enclosure is 83% humidity. I gt a really high watt bulb last night and dried out the substrate some (I just got the substrate and it was moist). That got it down to 50%. But now it's right back in the 80's. Will she be fine until the humidity goes down naturally? Or should I somehow attempt to lower it?

Sent from my Ipod using the tortoiseforum app

LLLReptile

TFO Sponsor
5 Year Member
hunterk997 said:
It has been raining where I live and it's very humid now. My parents had windows open, so it got humid in the house too. And now my russian's enclosure is 83% humidity. I gt a really high watt bulb last night and dried out the substrate some (I just got the substrate and it was moist). That got it down to 50%. But now it's right back in the 80's. Will she be fine until the humidity goes down naturally? Or should I somehow attempt to lower it?

Your tortoise should be alright with occasional high spikes in ambient humidity. It rains where they're from, too. :)

A sample of weather data from St. Petersburg

-Jen

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Wayland, NY
Thank you. I was worried she would get a respiratory infection or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.