what can they tolerate?

emlin

Location (City and/or State)
Abu Dhabi
Ask all you want, friend :) Just read Tom's post in the sulcata section which is in the African tortoise section (they are the first posts you see at the top of the page)!
Hi Mr. @AbdullaAli, I see you live in Abu Dhabi. So do I. And I also have a Sulcata which I bought from a pet store in Al Ain, not knowing that it was a sulcata at that time. So, I have been reading up as much as possible about them. May I ask you about how you take care of your sulcata(s) here in Abu Dhabi? I currently live in an apartment with a balcony, so my 3+ month baby gets some sun on the balcony when it isn't too cool. At night, it stays in a heated room, but I just can't get the room heater to heat the room up to 80F, usually to about 75F. Do you know where I can buy ceramic heat emitters? Shukran in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your tortoise is a Greek tortoise. As long as you provide shade and hiding places, the temperature is ok.

emlin

Abu Dhabi
Hi Mr. @AbdullaAli, I see you live in Abu Dhabi. So do I. And I also have a Sulcata which I bought from a pet store in Al Ain, not knowing that it was a sulcata at that time. So, I have been reading up as much as possible about them. May I ask you about how you take care of your sulcata(s) here in Abu Dhabi? I currently live in an apartment with a balcony, so my 3+ month baby gets some sun on the balcony when it isn't too cool. At night, it stays in a heated room, but I just can't get the room heater to heat the room up to 80F, usually to about 75F. Do you know where I can buy ceramic heat emitters? Shukran in advance!
Hi again, AbdullaAli - looks like I do NOT have a sulcata, but rather, a Greek tortoise!