Weird Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
Walter is doing a strange spinning ramming routine, he shoves off with his back legs in a hopping motion while his front legs stick out to the sides, then he hops in a circle. He doesn't have anything weird stuck in his arm or leg holes, but he is getting a rubbed raw spot on his tail (his tail is a strange L shape, like it was broken at some point years ago). Only extreme bribery ended up stopping him, now he's sitting quietly on my lap like nothing happened. I'm still trying to post a video, but has anyone ever seen this behavior before?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Maybe he needed to get your attention, so he could get on that lap:) is everything else okay with him, eating, pooping, etc? How often does he do it? Maybe you should put an antibiotic on the tail, to keep out infection. Also keep it clean. Hopefully others will have experienced something like this and can give you some answers. Good luck and that video would probably help some:)

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Maybe he needed to get your attention, so he could get on that lap:) is everything else okay with him, eating, pooping, etc? How often does he do it? Maybe you should put an antibiotic on the tail, to keep out infection. Also keep it clean. Hopefully others will have experienced something like this and can give you some answers. Good luck and that video would probably help some:)

Maybe he just saw me eating chestnuts and really wanted me to share. He eats like a pig, I've been finding to much poop for there to be a problem in that department :p I'm trying to keep it clean and letting it dry/calm down for a few hours now. He really seemed happy about getting a piece of nut after I'd tried everything else to stop him, maybe he's just really cunning...

Status
Not open for further replies.