Weird clicking noise at night

MafiaAlCapone

Location (City and/or State)
São João de ver
I'll be in my bed with the lights off, when all of a sudden I hear a clicking sound from my turtle tank, like, pebbles clicking.
I turn the lights on and my turtle is sleeping(or so I think).
What can this clicking sound be... It's not the filter nor the heater.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Oh and btw the clicking noise is not constant, it will happen, and after an hour or so it'll happen again.
Welcome to the forum! Someone with turtle acquarium experience will come along soon. Do you have pebbles or little rocks in your tank?

We also have a thread on ghostly encounters if there's no answers forthcoming on this thread. I used to have trouble with a hiss coming from my piano when I practiced when I was a kid that I never got an answer to either. But welcome !!

MafiaAlCapone

São João de ver
Welcome to the forum! Someone with turtle acquarium experience will come along soon. Do you have pebbles or little rocks in your tank?

We also have a thread on ghostly encounters if there's no answers forthcoming on this thread. I used to have trouble with a hiss coming from my piano when I practiced when I was a kid that I never got an answer to either. But welcome !!
Oh s***, is my tank haunted? Imma drown the damn thing in holy water XD

ZenHerper

New Jersey
If the sound is for sure coming from the habitat, you should investigate the substrate for worms...planaria, detritus worms, etc.. Most have a negative response to light, but if you switch the lights on, there would be many climbing up the glass. They're pretty tiny, so it would take a lot of them to move sand or pebbles.

If the sound isn't coming from the turtle or the habitat, it has to be something else. Mice. Insects. Somewhere in the walls, but the sound interacting with the water and glass.

zovick

10 Year Member!
I'll be in my bed with the lights off, when all of a sudden I hear a clicking sound from my turtle tank, like, pebbles clicking.
I turn the lights on and my turtle is sleeping(or so I think).
What can this clicking sound be... It's not the filter nor the heater.
If this is a tortoise making the noise you are describing rather than a water turtle, the clicking sound could very well be a sign of a respiratory infection which needs to be treated with antibiotics.