Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Swansea, UK
I was just curious as to what weight, in comparison with the scl, of their eastern hermanns tortoise's are? Mine was 24g and 4cm when i got him ( but with problems with worms) in november 2009 and now 104g and 8.1cm in january 2011. Is this an ok weight? he is roughly 17 months old and seems to be doing great now and doing pretty well in comparrison with the jacksons ratio.

moswen

5 Year Member
well, when you compare weight it's always tricky, every tortoise grows differently... if he had worms then he will more than likely be lighter and smaller than the other tortoises his age now, just because of the lack of growth he was probably going through when he had worms. sorry, i don't have any hermanns so i can't answer your question lol, but i just wanted to share this bit of informaiton with you, even if you raise two hermanns from the same (litter? is that the right word?) ---if you raise two baby hermanns from the same ...batch of eggs (lol,) in the exact same enclosure and feeding them the exact same things, it's still possible that they may have huge weight differences. just letting you know! hope someone else can come along and give you their weights!

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Swansea, UK
thank you for the information, it is appreciated, i figured it will differ for different people, i was just curious as to how different other people's torts weigh in comparison to mine. Thanks again.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Hi my Herman's was 40g and 5 cm when i got him/her last April he/she would have been 8mths. Shelby is now about 144g an 8cm 7mm at 17 mths, which according to the Jackson Ratio is in the 21 ratio and a good weight for Hibernation not that i was even thinking of doing it as i am waiting till Shelby gets older. But as Rebekah said ever Tort grows at different rates if yours had Worms when u got him then that will show in the weight now. If i am remembering right i think i have asked u if got yours from the Tortoise Centre too, yours and mine are the same age i am wondering if they are from the same clutch, I am starting to suspect Shelby is male so we could have Brothers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.