Weight?

Pawciorc

Location (City and/or State)
Malta
Miesha, can you post pictures of the platrons? I am not an expert but those guys look like Marginated Tortoises to me. @HermanniChris what do you think?

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
They do look like spur thighs for sure but may not be completely pure. Plastron photos will help. The flared marginal scutes are completely normal for Greek tortoises especially males.

Miesha

I kept my two MEPS together for the first year of their life and they both had awesome weight gain and no sign of dominance issues until i was soaking them and one turned it's head and decided the other was edible! Luckily i was watching and Luckily they are sooooooooo slow(slower than an average tort) and i was able to intervene before he took a bite out of his siblings face!
In the 8months Ive had them they have been kept together and i haven't seen any signs or any situations like that happen. Do you think i should separate them before risking this happening? I'm unsure what to do as they seem 100% fine to me, they have plenty of space and i have seen a few picture on this forum with a number of tortoises living together.

Miesha

Miesha, can you post pictures of the platrons?
They do look like spur thighs for sure but may not be completely pure. Plastron photos will help. The flared marginal scutes are completely normal for Greek tortoises especially males.
The one were you can see the face is the smaller tortoise.

Attachments

• 2015-12-14_15.59.49[1].jpg
    2015-12-14_15.59.49[1].jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20151214_154042[1].jpg
    20151214_154042[1].jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 13

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
In the 8months Ive had them they have been kept together and i haven't seen any signs or any situations like that happen. Do you think i should separate them before risking this happening? I'm unsure what to do as they seem 100% fine to me, they have plenty of space and i have seen a few picture on this forum with a number of tortoises living together.

I would if you can. I didn't sooner because of space restraints. The ones you see here kept together are in mostly groups of 3 or more.