weight issue I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamburg,AR
Other than some pyramiding,he looks in good shape. I'm not a sulcata expert,butthat sounds like a good weight.

rubbermate

5 Year Member
ya im trying to streighten out the damage caused by my ex who has had him the last 2 yrs since we broke up he finally gave him back to me. iv had to do some major changes with the way he was being cared for. my ex was only feeding him romaine lettuse and takeing him outside only once in a while other then that he was getting nothin else he was lucky to get water couple times a month in the tub and no access to water in his encloser. even thou im still learning about sulcatas im trying my hardest to get him the proper care

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I think its a great weight, and once he gets larger those small pyramids will look like tiny bumps...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is a good weight for a 4 year old.

I think he is going to be just fine with you.

rubbermate

5 Year Member
thanks guys for your input. iim sorry im asking so many questions I just want to make sure im giveing the best care I can. does anyone have a website where I can order some good bedding for him or is there any types of bedding I can get at like home depots soil section right now he's sleeping in a alfalfa with pine shaveings mix and I want him out of the pine shaveings

RogerTheTortoise

5 Year Member
I'm glad you got him back!!
I use coco coir! If you get the bricks at the pet store and soak them for a few hrs it's equivalent to 3 bags for like 1/3 the price. Roger loves it! And it holds humidity really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.