Weeds and grass in Asia

Emilia

Hi,

I'm trying to change from grocery to natural food but am unsure of what the weeds or plants should look like. Appreciate if anyone could post pictures or weeds that grows in Asia as I see most of the weeds in the caresheet I've not seen before. My tortoise is a baby sulcata btw

Also, how many times should I feed a baby?
Currently it's getting 2 leaves the size of a hand twice daily and if that's gone an additional 2 more for dinner but that is rarely finished.
Thank you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's ok to feed your baby grocery store greens. You can be learning about the weeds and grasses in your country in the meantime. When they get to be about 3 years old is when they start to show an interest in grazing on growing plants, weeds and grasses.

I put a big pile of food on a feeding tile first thing in the morning. I like for there to be food on that tile all day long. The babies eat then walk away, then come back later and eat some more. By the end of the day the food doesn't look very appetising anymore, however, they still eat it.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
You can order lots of seeds online and grow your own weeds/grasses/flowers, etc. I do this over the winter when outdoor weeds die off. As Yvonne said, there should be food available to your tortoise all day long.

Prairie Mom

If you're comfortable saying what country you're in that might help other members from there find you. We could also google a few weeds we know our tortoises like and see if they grow there.

Emilia

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. Good to hear that grocery stores food r still available. As for planting, I don't really have the time for planting anything, but I do take Bilbo out in my garden for 30m or longer for basking etc with supervision.