Wee little bellianas

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Yeah they are. K.belliana nogueyi. Not sure if they are considered kinixys nogueyi quite yet. Kinixys seems to be lacking in updating information. At least from what I have finding different blood lines for these future guys may tend to be difficult.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
tortadise said:
Yeah they are. K.belliana nogueyi. Not sure if they are considered kinixys nogueyi quite yet. Kinixys seems to be lacking in updating information. At least from what I have finding different blood lines for these future guys may tend to be difficult.

Are you sure those aren't three toes boxe turtles ahahahhahahahah

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-61657.html
for that recent work.

Will

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
As said above nogueyi were elevated to a full subspecies earlier this year I think. So you can't find them over in the states then? They are commonish here, the other day there were some(supposedly) CB nogueyi for £79, same kind of price as a Horsfield.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Very nice will. The most recent I was reading is rather dated a little. Starting at page 55 it goes into Kinixys species. http://data.iucn.org/dbtw-wpd/edocs/ssc-op-005.pdf

Your sited phylogeny article is much more accurate and recent though. Its time to get reading. :D
I will have a photo coming. Last I recall they have 4 claws on the forelimb.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hi Flintus,

USFWS may not have gotten that memo, so all belliana 'type' hingebacks may not come flooding in here as it was not a conservation driven prohibition, belliana are not "threatened" in the legal conservation sense, but held liable for the ticks they carry.

Will

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
And sizes?
Oh yes, have another question actually. Are these guys fighting? Mick has found that young nogueyi can get very nasty, biting off legs etc. so just interested.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Not yet. But they both do take their own corners. The small one is 2 1/2" and the larger one is 2 3/4" or so. Both in a 40 gallon. So good amount of room. In another few months they will get separated. Little hing backs usually grow very fast.

Weldd

10 Year Member!
I've been keeping all of my baby nogueyi together and haven't seen any aggression. They get along just fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.