We finally got to bring him HOME!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbeilfuss

5 Year Member
Hi,
I wanted to share some pics of our new Sulcata. We adopted him from CoRHS in CO today. They are guessing that he is ~10 years old. Well over 55 pounds and had a fantastic personality. The minute we walked into his outside enclosure he was running up to my hubby and I wanting us to pay attention to him.

We brought him home to meet our kids and our dog. I was worried the whole 5 hour trip home that our dog (dachshund/poodle mix) who is maybe 15lbs soaking wet- would intimidate him. SOOOOO not the case. This tort was chasing my dog all over the yard. It was rather funny to watch. They eventually settled down after about an hour and will be home from work for the next two days to make sure that they settle in.

So, here are his pics. We are still trying to come up with a name.....
View attachment 10847View attachment 10848View attachment 10849

Hi,
I wanted to share some pics of our new Sulcata. We adopted him from CoRHS in CO today. They are guessing that he is ~10 years old. Well over 55 pounds and had a fantastic personality. The minute we walked into his outside enclosure he was running up to my hubby and I wanting us to pay attention to him.

We brought him home to meet our kids and our dog. I was worried the whole 5 hour trip home that our dog (dachshund/poodle mix) who is maybe 15lbs soaking wet- would intimidate him. SOOOOO not the case. This tort was chasing my dog all over the yard. It was rather funny to watch. They eventually settled down after about an hour and will be home from work for the next two days to make sure that they settle in.

So, here are his pics. We are still trying to come up with a name.....

Tort 6.jpgTort 8.jpgTort 7.jpg

Attachments

• tort 5.jpg
    tort 5.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Tort 8.jpg
    Tort 8.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
Wow when you put him up against the basketball...one really gets an idea just how big he is. Wow, that is fantastic. I think if I were the dog..I would want to be watched in the backyard..lol. :tort: :tort: :D He looks like he is going to settle in well. How about, "Chaser" for a name.

Status
Not open for further replies.