Ways of Presenting food

Tortieporty

Location (City and/or State)
East Yorkshire
Has anyone tried mushing weeds and other tortoise foods into more of a pellet like consistency; mine really enjoys pellets when she gets them but struggles with other whole foods like garden weeds I pick for her, I’m slowly reducing pellets but there is still foods she won’t eat, would it affect the nutrition of the food if I experiment with different ways to present it like mushing foods into a paste?
Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Most people will cut the foods the tort don't like so much into tiny pieces and so the same with their favorite food. Then mix together and spritz with water to make it all stick together. Then they have to eat the part they dont like in order to eat what they do like.
You could do the same and mix with the pellet food.
Smashing it the way you mentioned shouldnt do anything to its notorious value unless some would be lost in any moisture that might come out. This could be fixed by smashing it on the dish/plate that you feed on.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Has anyone tried mushing weeds and other tortoise foods into more of a pellet like consistency; mine really enjoys pellets when she gets them but struggles with other whole foods like garden weeds I pick for her, I’m slowly reducing pellets but there is still foods she won’t eat, would it affect the nutrition of the food if I experiment with different ways to present it like mushing foods into a paste?
Thanks
I agree with what Barb said. Whatever works to get the good stuff into them.