Water water water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
I just moved to a community where there is high sulfur content in the water. I was wondering if this would affect my tortoise? Any advice/comments appreciated!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I have mild sulfur water and my tortoises have been drinking for 25+ years with no problems. Sulfur promotes clear skin, keratin strength (hair, nails and tortoise shells) and aids in the elimination of acne. So if you have a teenage tortoise with pimples you're in luck!

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
I keep a gallon jug of water handy. It takes about twenty-four hours for the chemicals to disapate.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Well...I don't know exactly what the hell we have in our water, but I know it's bad stuff. So if tortoises can drink AZ water, they can drink any water. ;)

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
NY
GBtortoises said:
I have mild sulfur water and my tortoises have been drinking for 25+ years with no problems. Sulfur promotes clear skin, keratin strength (hair, nails and tortoise shells) and aids in the elimination of acne. So if you have a teenage tortoise with pimples you're in luck!

I guess sulfur water is just what I need!

Torty Mom said:
Susan that is a great question!!!

Thanks!

Neal said:
Well...I don't know exactly what the hell we have in our water, but I know it's bad stuff. So if tortoises can drink AZ water, they can drink any water. ;)

Bahaha, I'll take your work for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.