Water Spots on Glass Tank

HawaiianSulcata

Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, Ca
Hi Everyone! I was curious if anyone knows how to remove water spots baked on by heat lamps on glass tanks??? I've scrubbed and scrubbed... It won't come off... Please help!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Straight edge razor.

Then start using collected and filtered rain water to not get the hard water stains in the first place.

HawaiianSulcata

San Diego, Ca
Straight edge razor.

Then start using collected and filtered rain water to not get the hard water stains in the first place.
Thanks Tom! I will try that... The water stains are in my Painted turtle tank... (I know this is a tortoise forum but I'm a mommy of many:tort:;))IMAG2935.jpg

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Calcium deposits in water make terrible spots.
Imspray white vinager all over the inside of an empty tank. Then ai take a blue scrub pad and scrub a dub dub. Mi rinse it out a couple of times, dry is and have clean glass. If the deposits have been in for years, i'm not sure.

HawaiianSulcata

San Diego, Ca
Razor worked wonders on the inside... definitely gonna have to scrape another time but I'm happy... Thanks everyone for the great advice...
IMAG2938.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes. That is the other needed "ingredient". Loads of elbow grease. :)

Glad it worked for you. Looks much nicer now.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Hmm, is that platform big enough for the two if them? Looks like it dips down into the water?

HawaiianSulcata

San Diego, Ca
Hmm, is that platform big enough for the two if them? Looks like it dips down into the water?
Yeah It's big enough for both of them it isn't stuck on the bottom I need to get new suckers to mount it back on the tank it tends to "float" away as you can tell in the pic the top isn't holding on that well either... they aren't that big of turtles only about 3-4 inches...

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Oh, okay, they looked like big guys :D I think you can reorder stickies from ExoTerras website. I had to get new one for my painted turtles dock one time, but I just ended up getting a new :)