Water Dish

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
Apparently it only takes 10 minutes of me doing homework for Walter to fill his water dish with cocoa coir.

image-2038247203.png

Any way to make this more difficult for him?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Put flat rock around it. Make sure he can still get in though. The rock helps knock off what's on the bottom of him before he gets in.

Oops, I answered then looked at the pic. Forget the rock, obviously that won't work for you. Maybe add another water dish. Maybe he will mud up one and keep the other clean. Good luck. I think he is hinting for a mud pit:)

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Put flat rock around it. Make sure he can still get in though. The rock helps knock off what's on the bottom of him before he gets in.

Oops, I answered then looked at the pic. Forget the rock, obviously that won't work for you. Maybe add another water dish. Maybe he will mud up one and keep the other clean. Good luck. I think he is hinting for a mud pit:)

Haha, the rocks are really not doing it. But he loves pushing them around so I've left them, I just re organize them every morning. I wondered about putting cypress mulch around it and the rocks on top, I have to go look at the pet store on Saturday. With his house, the basking rocks, the food slate and his big water dish there really isn't room for another one, unless it's teensy. It's times like this I think how silly "what's the smallest space my tortoise can live in?" people are. There's always more stuff you want, even when your out of room.
A mud pit is something he'll have to wait for summer for, it's to chilly out now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.