Status
Not open for further replies.

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
Jacqui said:
emysemys said:
If you can find a feed dealer (selling horse/cattle feed) near you, who sells Purina products, he can order it for you. I buy 25lbs of Mazuri Tortoise Diet for $22, but he doesn't carry it, I have to have him order it for me.

Not always true as I found out a couple of weeks back. None of my local Purina product feed dealers will even order it for me. They say they would have to buy a pallet of it. All I managed to do was make the entire store get a chuckle out of my request.... :rolleyes:

Awwww, it's ok because they are just pullin your leg. They are just too lazy to order a bag. I will find out when I start my hunt at all the near by feed stores. Going to start at one of the tractor suppy stores 1st. But $22 for a 25 lb bag of Mazuri tortoise diet is a still. I think it is around $26 from the Mazuri website.

dds7155

5 Year Member
If you go to Mazuri.com they do sell it but the shipping is like 25.00, they will tell you dealers close to you that sell mazuri feed , most these sell farm feed for livestock but if you ask they might order you a bag ,when they make their order to mazuri the one i called did and it was a few dollars cheaper than mazuri,

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Northern California
Jacqui said:
Not always true as I found out a couple of weeks back. None of my local Purina product feed dealers will even order it for me. They say they would have to buy a pallet of it. All I managed to do was make the entire store get a chuckle out of my request.... :rolleyes:

I experienced the same problem. The manager claimed that he would have to order by the pallet and said he didn't want to get stuck with all of those extra bags. I eventually found another feed store locally that carried it.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
I have never experienced the pallet thing... My feed store ask that I call to confirm they have it in stock ..if they don't they order it for me takes two weeks tops...I buy 2 bags at a time...

My buddy buys from a feed store in NH and they order 1 bag for him like every month.. They ask for a two week lead time also..

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
If the feed store doenst have a relaly good relationship with Purina, it is an issue with them.. they have to buy and sell a certain amount of thier foods to qualify.. its very political.. :-(
thats why Pet stores dont carry it, cuz most pet stores wont sell purina brand dog/cat food due to quality.
but feed stores.. do and they also can carry livestock feeds, so that gets thier quantitys up and they can slip in a
few bags of Mazuri.
I pay $27 for a 25# bag locally.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I have a local feed store that I order it at. I get a 50lb bag for $29.99. Lasts FOREVER!

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Kristina said:
I have a local feed store that I order it at. I get a 50lb bag for $29.99. Lasts FOREVER!

50 lb bag of Mazuri Tortoise Diet? I did not know that even sold 50 lb bags to the public of the tortoise diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.