Vuvuzelas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
OK, how about a loud, whiny bee-drone-pitch cheer for the United States Soccer Team?!

Woot, woot!

Coming back from a 0-2 deficit at half-time to draw 2-2 (and that was a seriously questionable call that disallowed our third, winning goal)!!

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!! That's what it's all about. Very respectable, and a huge relief after our humiliating performance of 2006.

And England! My second favorite team and the country whose football got me addicted to the sport in the first place...please, make it stop. You must not get eliminated in group play. :(

M

Maggie Cummings

I hate that noisy thing and it has made me not watch the play...

hali

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
they are very distracting - and glad they have banned them for wimbledon - glad USA came back for you - as for England - well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

stells

I'm going to say it... the England team may aswell come home now... last night was a disgrace...

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Gooooo USA

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I'm sorry, but I don't watch soccer, but I do support USA. So go USA! :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did so want us to beat Ghana today!! Dang it!!

Now, it's go all the way, England!! Bring those Gerries down tomorrow. (With apologies to my fellow Americans of German descent). :D

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
an AMAZING match between ghana and uruguay just ended! congrats to uruguay!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Yes, to all those who do not think there is adequate drama in soccer: last minute of the second overtime, first the shot, then the bobble, then the next shot, the clear off the line, the third attempt, the pro volleyball move, requisite red card, penalty--missed! off the top bar (the keeper literally went over and planted a kiss on his "best friend"), final whistle blows, shots from the mark, Uruguay keeper saves TWO, Uruguay striker shoots over the top bar, Uruguay wins after all is said and done...

[and the player sent off for the handball on the line, looking over his shoulder to watch the penalty shot, reacting with rapturous delight when he realizes his team still have a chance, then turns back to his ignominious exit, knowing that his gamble paid off, though he won't be allowed to play in the next match].

Yes, yes, it's a beautiful game. :D

And WOW to the German team, what a performance against Argentina. Well won.

Status
Not open for further replies.