Vodka's New Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
My dad took me and my boyfriend to Wallyworld today to grab some topsoil and a kiddie pool for Vodka today. The tortoise kiddie pool we have has sides too low, and is very small. This one we got was about a foot wider, and the walls are taller.

Mainly scooped out her sand/cor out to put int he bottom and put half topsoil in her kiddie pool, and the rest in her enclosure so she had a better substrate. I've hated the sand since day one, now when she digs, she won't get sand all in her shell.

Vodka had tons of fun playing in the mud :)

Vodka pool.jpg

Her little pool of wonders. I have some dandelion seeds planted all around,and might insert a few of the parsley seedlings and plant some lettuce and birdseed in there so she has somethin to munch on.

tortoise hide.jpg

Couldn't quite get it to look like a cave, but as long as she can hide I'm fine. Didn't put it near the wall because she might use it to try and escape.

Little tort garden.jpg

A small thing of Sedum my granny Jo gave me two years ago :) Hopefully in here it will grow well.

Last edited by a moderator:

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
ascott said:
Very cool...is that for inside or outdoors? :D

Outside supervision :) This is in my front yard which is near a road, so this way I can watch her explore, and I won't worry about loosing her if I turn my head.
Her inside is a 50 gal rubbermaid tub. Which is all I have room for atm but I'm hoping to expand in the future, whenever I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.