Vitasol liquid multi-vitamin for birds by 8in1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Upstate NY
I have seen on many threads talk about the use of Vitasol for birds by 8in1. Specifically, using it when soaking a hatchling tort. My local pet shop carries "Vitasol for Rabbits and Guinea pigs by 8in1". Is this the same stuff. Is the Vitasol for birds better? More importantly, is Vitasol for Rabbits dangerous for Torts?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
The Vitasol for mammals has vitamin D2, which isn't used well by tortoises. The Vitasol for birds has vitamin D3 which is the vitamin D you want.

Danny

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
egyptiandan said:
The Vitasol for mammals has vitamin D2, which isn't used well by tortoises. The Vitasol for birds has vitamin D3 which is the vitamin D you want.

Danny

Thanks Danny, as usual, very informative!

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Actually, I just went back and read the ingredients, and it does have Vitamin D3, there is no mention of any D2.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
They must have changed it than :p The last time I looked (a long time ago) it was D2.
I've just been looking at ingredients lists for all the different vitasol's out there (there are a few :p). I still like the list on the vitasol for birds, much better than any of the ones for mammals.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.