Videos of my redfoot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
yay!I wish more people would record and post videos of their torts.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Wow I love the humidity in the enclosure, but it's way too small for him. Is this just an inside enclosure? He looks like he barely has room to turn around in it. He's a very nice looking tortoise though.

superpooper

5 Year Member
Unfortunately I don't have the leisure to make an outside space for him, as I rent out a room and we have some very ferocious racoons that peruse the backyard. The tank itself is fairly large and he/she has room to roam both under and on top of the hide. But, once Bill outgrows the hide, it'll be time for a totally new space! With a nice dent in my wallet!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Bill is a great looking lil CH, and I love the look of your vivarium, but I have to agree, that it's a bit too small. I keep my Cherry Head's in planted vivariums too for the Winter. I love how they look, and they hold in the humidity really well. I'm surprised that he doesn't go after the frogs. When mine is outside she will go after anything that moves.

superpooper

5 Year Member
Bill is definitely not as fast and bold! He'll hide in his shell if he sees his own shadow :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
When I got Dale we bought him a 40 gallon and when I posted a picture on here I remember Terry (Nerd) said the same thing to me, that it was a little small for him (which I didn't know) because I was new to tortoises. He also told me to turn off some of the lighting in there. :D I know that TerryO told you on her post that she has vivariums for her Cherry's. If I'm correct she had a 75 gallon one for Pio and now I think she's changed it to a 125 gallon one because Pio is now around 6 inches. I'll ask her to post some pictures of it. :)

DSC00130.jpg

I think Dale probably appreciated Terry (Nerd) telling me that since this is what my husband built for Dale after that and he had a lot more room to explore. And boy did he. :p

DSC00169.jpg

I know that you said something in your other thread about your wallet and I know that building something like this gets expensive, but a lot of people just go to target and get the huge storage bins and they use those and it gives the tortoise way more room to roam around in and they don't take up that much space either since you say that you rent a one bedroom I'm sure space is limited for you. :) It's not the just the size of the hide that matters really it's actually the size of the enclosure. Just a suggestion. ;)

superpooper

5 Year Member
Candy said:
When I got Dale we bought him a 40 gallon and when I posted a picture on here I remember Terry (Nerd) said the same thing to me, that it was a little small for him (which I didn't know) because I was new to tortoises. He also told me to turn off some of the lighting in there. :D I know that TerryO told you on her post that she has vivariums for her Cherry's. If I'm correct she had a 75 gallon one for Pio and now I think she's changed it to a 125 gallon one because Pio is now around 6 inches. I'll ask her to post some pictures of it. :)

I think Dale probably appreciated Terry (Nerd) telling me that since this is what my husband built for Dale after that and he had a lot more room to explore. And boy did he. :p

I know that you said something in your other thread about your wallet and I know that building something like this gets expensive, but a lot of people just go to target and get the huge storage bins and they use those and it gives the tortoise way more room to roam around in and they don't take up that much space either since you say that you rent a one bedroom I'm sure space is limited for you. :) It's not the just the size of the hide that matters really it's actually the size of the enclosure. Just a suggestion. ;)

Thanks Candy!

Status
Not open for further replies.